Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dinner And A 2009 Movie?

Well, as you can all see, I have revamped my little blog. It took numerous hours, and yes, I did put the effort and time to do so. There are quite a few topics bouncing around in my head at the moment, but I will save those for other entries. For now, I will introduce the concept of Fishbowl Posts. A Fishbowl Post is where I reply to a question I've been asked. I choose the question at random from a list of questions that people have asked me. Hence, the term Fishbowl.. Anyway, here's the first Fishbowl Post.

Question:
What movies do you think were the best so far of 2009?
[Asked By: Mr. Victor Y. D.]

Answer:
Well, I'm not a big fan of movies. Why? They tend to follow the same plot, rely too much on special effects, fail to surprise me, or not interest me at all. Take the whole Transformers craze.. I just didn't care for it, but I digress. There has only been one good movie of 2009 [that I've seen, at least]. And that would have to be [drum roll!!] Coraline.
Coraline, for those of you who don't know, was based on the book by Neil Gaiman; well worth the read, by the way. The film was directed by Henry Selick [not Tim Burton] and was almost as grand as the book. Coraline was filled with adventure, irony, and life lessons. Seriously. Or maybe I'm not too serious about that. I'm not going to elaborate or further think about that statement. However, it was a great movie because it was colorful, different from the book, and not that many people ruined Coraline. Also, I managed to sit through it and ENJOY it. Which brings me to another point! If a work of ANYTHING is cliché, don't expect me to work my way through it. Really. So, if you're someone who likes HenrySelick|Tim Burton films, a little twist on a not-so-PG-rated-film, talking cats, buttons for eyes, and Other Mothers, go see it if you haven't already, and if you have, do so again. And now I challenge you, my fair reader, to answer this same Fishbowl Question. So leave a comment or such with your favorite movies of this year. OR better yet, ask me a FB question you'd like me to respond to. And whenever I happen to pull the question out of the bowl, I'll answer. Until the next post..
CHIA PETS!

0 comments: